Friday 21 June 2013

Timetable of a med student

UPDATE:  A more detail post about my first medical student timetable can be found HERE.

So I'm starting to understand why medical students got annoyed when other university students complain about how busy they are. I've been sent a timetable for FunMed (fundamentals of medicine) which aims to make sure all the first years are on the same page. 9ams everyday. Solid days last till 5pm (or later if in dissection labs). Plus I've got two exams on everything learnt in FunMed. Intense.


This schedule makes my Biomedical degree look like a joke. The amount of free time I had was ridiculous! I can't wait to jump in and it's clearly a manageable timetable but I understand why medical students party hard. 

My sister (who went to university this year) is coming home this weekend. Apparently she's bought me a few books on serving medical school. I can't wait to read them. I love those kinds of books. Really puts me in mind set. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it to the other side mate! :D

    Yeah it does seem pretty daunting at the beginning, but you'll get used to it pretty quickly - oh and even though medicine is awesome, you will end up missing QMUL from time to time too :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to you! Wished I'd done it when I was still young enough!

    ReplyDelete